The recreational basketball program is dedicated to developing all aspects of the player’s game and is designed to teach and develop fundamental basketball skills in a fun and instructional environment. All children are given the opportunity to play and learn, with the emphasis on sportsmanship and becoming “athletes first, winning second.”
Lincolnshire Sports Association offers recreational basketball leagues for boys and girls in 1st through 8th grades. We also offer a short kindergarten program run by Play Hard Hoops. The basketball season runs from late November through March and consists of 1 practice during the week and 1 weekend game. Games and practices will be held in the District 103 school gyms.
Kindergarten / 1st Grade Coed / 2nd Grade Coed / 3rd-4th Grade Boys / 3th-5th Grade Girls / 5th-6th Grade Boys / 6th-8th Grade Girls / 7th-8th Grade Boys
Prior to the start of registration and while registration is ongoing, we are unable to determine exact practice days and times. This will be determined once registration is complete in mid-November. As part of the registration process, you will be able to indicate which days your child can and cannot practice. This will help us place your child on a team that practices on a day that works with your schedule. We will make every effort to accommodate each child’s schedule. However, at this time, we cannot make specific guarantees of practice days or times.
Space for house practices is very limited. We can only use the District 103 gyms when they are open and available to us. Because they are not available until 7:00 PM on weeknights (for Sprague and HD) and 6:30 PM (for DW), practices for basketball will tend to start later than other sports. This is the case for all ages, including 1st and 2nd graders. We make every effort to have the younger children practice earlier.
Also, we will hold practices on every weeknight, including Fridays, if necessary. We understand that Friday practices are not ideal for many, but since we have limited space we may have to hold some practices on Friday nights.
We will offer a 6-week program for Kindergarten players. The program will be run by Play Hard Hoops and will focus on teaching the fundamentals of basketball and include some small games. The program will start on 1/15/22 and end on 2/19/22. Space is limited for this program and can only accept 30 players.
LSA basketball is an all-volunteer organization. We are always in need of volunteers to serve as Commissioner, Head Coach, or Assistant Coach. Our teams should ideally be led by parent-coaches, and we appreciate the contribution of everyone who is able to volunteer. You can easily volunteer when you register your child, or by contacting our Directors. If we aren’t able to find enough parent-volunteers to coach our teams, then we turn to high school volunteers to coach our kids in order for our program to run. If a team is coached by high school students, we are requiring a parent from that team to be the team parent and will be responsible for bathroom breaks, ensuring all the kids on the team is picked up, and covering for the high school coaches if they have a conflict.
2021-2022 KEY DATES
|September 24 (Friday)||Early Bird Registration Opens|
|October 8 (Friday)||Early Bird Registration Ends|
|November 5 (Friday)||Registration Closes|
|November 29 (Monday)||Practices Begin|
|December 20 – January 1||Winter Break (No Practices)|
|January 3 (Monday)||Practices Resume|
|January 8 (Saturday)||First Game Weekend|
|March 19 (Saturday)||Last Game Weekend|
Registration for the fall season will open on Friday, September 24, 2021 and will close at 11:59 pm on Friday, November 5, 2021. Registering by November 5, 2021 allows volunteers adequate time to form teams and effectively communicate information to coaches and parents. Requests for registration after November 5, 2021, will only be granted if roster spots are available. Registration fees are as follows:
|Division||Early Bird Registration Fee||Registration Fee|
|1st – 8th Grade||$225||$250|
Tentative GAME SCHEDULES
|Grade||Tentative Game Schedule||Dates and Location|
|Kindergarten||Saturday 3:00-4:00pm||1/15-2/19 Half Day School|
|1st Grade Coed||Saturday 12:00–2:00pm||1/8-3/19 Half Day School|
|2nd Grade Coed||Saturday 12:00–2:00pm||1/8-3/19 Half Day School|
|3rd-4th Boys||Saturday 9:00am–12:00pm||1/8-3/19 Half Day School|
|3rd-5th Girls||Saturday 10:00am–1:00pm||1/8-3/19 Half Day School|
|5th-6th Boys||Saturday 11:30am–2:30pm||1/8-3/19 Daniel Wright|
|6th-8th Girls||Saturday 9:30am-12:30pm||1/8-3/19 Daniel Wright|
|7th-8th Boys||Saturday 8:30-11:30 am||1/8-3/19 Daniel Wright|
There will not be pictures days scheduled for this year. It is highly recommended to coordinate a team picture amongst each team.
LSA refers to the All Sports Policy issued by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois State Board of Education, major points of which are summarized below:
- Please make sure your child is healthy before attending activities. If your child has a fever or is sick, please keep them home.
- Players and coaches will be practicing social distancing by maintaining a distance of 6 feet between each other.
- All players should bring their own equipment and water bottle to their activity. Equipment and water bottles should not be shared.
- Face Coverings: Face coverings are always required for players, coaches, referees, and spectators, regardless of vaccination status. Those that fail to do so will be removed from play. Players should have multiple masks with them to change masks throughout the game should they become sweat soaked.
- Spectators: For practices, spectators are not allowed in the gyms. For games, only immediate household members or guardians will be allowed. All spectators must follow the face covering guidelines and maintain at least 6-feet social distance from other households.
- Players are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer to their activity. Please have players use the restroom at home prior to any activity. Bathrooms will only be allowed for emergencies.
- Positive or close contact guidelines:
- If a positive case or close contact occurs, please communicate to your coach. You must quarantine for 10 days and be symptom free for the previous 24 hours prior to returning to any activities.
- If anyone in your household has to quarantine because of close contact, all players from that household should also follow the quarantine process.
- Teams are responsible for cleaning all trash from their court after each game.
- Teams are prohibited from handshakes/high fives (air high fives are recommended).
- Chewing gum and food will be prohibited before, during and after games.
- These guidelines are subject to change at any point based on government regulations.
Subscribe to Rec Basketball Calendar