LSA and Chicago Rush North are happy to announce the return of our recreational Spring Soccer program for Spring 2021. The Spring Soccer program is offered to boys and girls who are 3-14 years old. This program is led by professional Chicago Rush North coaches. Each professionally-led training session will be spent learning a variety of basic soccer fundamentals (i.e. dribbling, passing, and shooting). These sessions will also include some small-sided games with an emphasis on basic positioning, teamwork, and strategy, in a FUN, POSITIVE environment. The timing is excellent for those players who may also be considering trying out for Travel soccer (tryouts will be held later in Spring). You have the option of training one or two days a week, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or both. Here are the details:
Spring Soccer is a six-week program offered Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning the week of April 19, 2021, at the following times:
3-6U (3 – 6 years old/ Pre-K through 1st)
4:30 – 5:30 PM
7-14U (7 – 14 years old/ 2nd through 8th)
5:30 – 6:30 PM
- Sessions will be at North Park.
- Six week program from April 19 – June 4 (Either week of May 3 or May 10 will be OFF due to Rush North Travel tryouts – TBD)
- You can choose to register for one or two days, whatever works for your schedule. If you select one day, for staffing purposes only, please select whether you “prefer” Tuesdays versus Thursdays. You will NOT be held to your day choice.
- Cost: $165 for two days/ week, $105 for one day/ week.
- Post-Season Tournament!!! Saturday, June 5. Additional $15 to sign up!
- Weather Cancellations/ Rain outs: Make up sessions will be scheduled for the Friday of the same week or week of Monday, June 7 (if necessary).
Each child must bring to each session:
- Ball (Size 4)
- Soccer cleats
- Shin Guards
- Soccer socks over shin guards
- Water bottle
- Soccer/ Athletic apparel (shorts, warm up pants, t-shirt, sweatshirt or warm up jacket, etc)
Any questions please contact Jim Brown at email@example.com.
Please read this thoroughly as it goes over the safety protocols that we are asking of Coaches, Players, and Parents.
- Please read the Return to Play Protocol from IYSA
- Please make sure your child is healthy before attending training, taking temperature daily. If your child has a fever, please keep them home.
- Players and coaches will be practicing social distancing by keeping a distance of 6 feet between each other. The sessions will be skill focused, with players working on ball mastery, speed/agility, dribbling, passing, and receiving
- Please have your player dressed and ready for the session. Players should walk to their assigned field and drop their bag next to one of the cones the coach has laid out. Players should stay in the car until the session is about to start. Parents should stay in the car.
- Players should bring inflated soccer ball and plenty of water. Players should not share water bottles.
- FACE COVERINGS: Per the current Illinois All Sports Policy “All participants must wear a face covering that fully covers their nose and mouth and fits snugly against the sides of the face with no gaps, whether indoors or outdoors” Face coverings are always required for players, coaches, referees and spectators. Those that fail to do so will be removed from play. Players should have multiple masks with them to change masks throughout the game should they become sweat soaked.
- Players are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer to the sessions. Our coaches will have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes, and will be making sure all equipment is disinfected before, between, and after sessions. Please have your player use the restroom at home prior to training. Bathrooms will only be unlocked for emergencies.
- Guidelines for sports are fluid and subject to change at any point based on governmental requirements. Should the state loosen or tighten any restrictions during the season, IYSA will follow those changes and update these protocols. Info in the Illinois Youth Soccer guidelines are secondary to all state-issued guidelines and members should reference the state guideline documents below to ensure they are up to date on all current state requirement
Thanks for taking the time to read this far- please understand that safety is our first priority. We are excited to be back on the fields, but we will not be taking the situation lightly. Please help us return to this wonderful sport safely!
Equipment & Practice/Game Conditions
- All players will be provided with a team jersey.
- All soccer players must bring a soccer ball (size 3 for pre-K and size 4 for all other divisions), wear shin guards (worn under the socks) and soccer or gym shoes. Football, baseball and metal cleats are not allowed to be worn for safety reasons.
- Players should also bring a water bottle to all practices and games.
- Players wearing glasses must have a fitted eyeglass strap.
- No jewelry may be worn with the exception of medical bands. Children with starter earrings may wear them but must be taped on both sides of each earlobe prior to the start of the game.
- Please consult the league rules which will be posted prior to the start of the season on the LSA website if you have other questions regarding equipment.
As a general rule, unless the Village of Lincolnshire closes its parks or lightning is detected, all recreational soccer practices and games will be held regardless of the weather. The League Director, Commissioners and Coaches have discretion under certain circumstances to cancel or reschedule practices and games in accordance with league rules. Please consult LSA’s website for additional information regarding field status.
Special Requests & Team Selection
In an effort to keep teams as fair as possible, LSA will consider, but not guarantee, coaching requests, school requests and friendship requests. All players must play in the soccer division prescribed by their school grade. Players may only “play up” as a substitute player and at the discretion of the Commissioner or Director.
Each Soccer Division will be led by a Commissioner. The Commissioner and the Coaches will determine the teams. The Commissioner and Coaches will consider coaching evaluations from previous years, the Coaches previous experience with players and the days players are available to practice. The Commissioner’s and Coaches will endeavor to build teams of comparable skill and strength to facilitate competitive games throughout the season.
Parent Responsibility & Informing the Coach
LSA hopes that all parents take an active interest in their child’s soccer season. Please attend all games and cheer on your team. Please exhibit good sportsmanship and proper behavior at all times. Remember that this is their game and our mission is to ensure that they have fun and learn more about the game of soccer. Parents must sign the Parent Pledge prior to the start of each season.
Informing the Coach
Parents, it is very important that you contact your coach if your child is not able to attend a practice or game each week. The Coach and the team are counting on their players and teammates to show up for practice and games ON TIME, and need to prepare accordingly if a player will be absent. LSA’s coaches volunteer their time and appreciate the consideration of keeping them informed of any absences for practices and games during the season.
LSA Comprehensive Refund Policy
- A refund request for any reason will be refunded at 85% of the registration fee if requested more than 30 days prior to the start of the season*.
- A refund request for any reason will be refunded at 50% of the registration fee if requested less than 30 days prior to the start of the season*.
- Refunds after the season starts (season can be defined as the start of any of the following; practices, games, clinics, etc.) will only be granted if they are due to an injury – which will be refunded on a case by case basis at an agreed upon pro-rated amount. Lincolnshire Sports Association reserves the right to request a Doctor’s notification.
- Refunds requested for any reason after the season starts (other than for an injury) will not be granted.
- Regarding possible season cancellation due to COVID 19: Should the 10 week Fall Soccer season be cut short due to COVID 19 risk, as determined by IYSA, Chicago Rush North, or LSA, a prorated refund will be processed to each participant. As an example, should the season be cut short within week 3, the participant will be refunded 7/10 of the original fee paid.
* Season can be defined as the start of any of the following: practices, games, clinics, etc.
LSA and Chicago Rush North Affiliation
LSA and Chicago Rush North work together to bridge the gap between recreational and competitive soccer. Please see the information below for ways in which your player can get more involved with the Chicago Rush North travel club.
- Emerging Talent ID: This program is led by Chicago Rush North’s professional coaching staff, will give players an additional practice opportunity during the fall season, and will give players in the Rush Lincolnshire Development Center an opportunity to challenge themselves in an environment with a professional travel soccer coach. For players to be considered for the ETP they will need to participate within the Emerging Talent ID program.
- Start dates: Week after Labor Day weekend
- Open to every u6, u8, and u10
- 6-week program – $80 (must sign up for the program to be considered for emerging talent program in winter and spring) – Emerging Talent T-Shirt included in the cost.
- 1-hour professional coaching per week for 6 weeks (practice will not conflict with regular practice – either Tuesday or Thursday).
- Emerging Talent Program (ETP): This program is invite-only and will take place in both the winter and spring seasons.
- In the winter and spring, ETP will take place once a week for those players invited from the Emerging Talent ID program.
- The players will work with Chicago Rush North’s professional coaching staff on a variety of technical skills to help them bridge the gap between recreational and competitive soccer.
- On completion of the Emerging Talent Program, players will be invited to try out for Chicago Rush North’s competitive soccer teams.
Additional information can be obtained on the travel soccer page at chicagorushsoccernorth.com.
Subscribe to 3-6U Rec Soccer Calendar
Subscribe to 7-14U Rec Soccer Calendar