The purpose of this overview is to provide you with information regarding LSA and Rush North’s upcoming fall recreational soccer program. We have attempted to address many common questions that are asked. However, if you need additional information, please contact Jim Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSA and Chicago Rush North work together to provide a Recreational Soccer program. Our program is open to players attending Pre-Kindergarten (age 3 or older) through 5th grade. The goal of the recreational soccer program is to give young soccer players an introductory understanding of the game in an upbeat, organized, fun and instructional training setting. In developing players, we recognize that young athletes have varying levels of experience and exposure to soccer. The LSA Recreational Soccer league and Chicago Rush North look forward to the opportunity to partner with you and your young athletes to develop a love for soccer.
- Practices (K-5th grade) will be led by Chicago Rush North training staff who will provide an age appropriate, professionally developed soccer curriculum to guide practice sessions and coaching instruction. Each practice will be spent learning a variety of basic soccer fundamentals (i.e. dribbling, passing and shooting). Practice sessions may also include small sided games with an emphasis on basic positioning, teamwork and strategy. The players will be given the opportunity to apply what they have learned in league games.
- Players who wish to obtain additional professional instruction can register for the Chicago Rush North Emerging Talent ID Program. It is designed for players who want to bridge the gap between recreational and competitive/ travel league soccer. Additional information can be obtained on the travel soccer page at chicagorushsoccernorth.com.
- Practices for players in K-5th grade will take place Monday through Thursday, with games being held Saturday. Pre-K players will have one combined practice / game session per week scheduled for Saturdays. Additional information regarding tentative practice and game times is provided in the “Division Summary” section below.
- CONTINUED FROM LAST YEAR: Flexible-schedule practices held for K-5th grade participants. The request via registration is that you express your desired day slots (i.e. Monday/ Wednesday or Tuesday/ Thursday). However, a simple email to the Rush Director is what will be asked for when you need to attend a practice out of your slot, OR if you would like to add additional practices to your week (no extra charge). At a minimum 2 days participation is recommended and, again, you are more than welcome to add additional soccer practice days as your player and your schedule can accommodate.
- Practice Sessions will start 2 weeks before Labor Day (Monday, 8/21) to take advantage of warmer weather months and hopefully end before the snow!!!
- Saturday Game Days with your respective teams will begin the Saturday AFTER Labor Day weekend (Saturday, 9/9). We will have 8 scheduled Saturday Game Days!
- Also Once Again: Our Preseason Recreational Tournament will again take place this Fall!! Included in the Pre-Season Tournament will be our Preseason Culvers Custard Social!! This event will be held on Saturday 8/26. You don’t want to miss this!
- Chicago Rush North will provide onsite professional coaching staff to help the local teams and volunteer coaches. We will also provide the referees to oversee each game.
- All players will receive a free tournament t-shirt on attendance.
- It is completely optional for your child to enter the tournament. To enter, please check the box on registration and your account will be charged an additional $20.
- We aim to provide a fun and safe soccer experience for all participants to bring the soccer community closer.
Volunteers Needed – Commissioners, Coaches and Other Volunteers
LSA is an all-volunteer organization that relies on parents to run our youth sports programs. When registering, please consider volunteering to be a division Commissioner, a Team Coach, assist with the Soccer Ice Cream Social or assist with Picture Day. Your volunteerism would be greatly appreciated.
Please do not let a lack of coaching experience or soccer knowledge deter you from coaching or volunteering in any of the roles noted above. Practices will be coached by our professional Chicago Rush North training staff and parent volunteers will ONLY be responsible for coaching the Saturday games. At the Pre-Season Coaches Meeting, LSA will provide all coaches with basic soccer skills and age-appropriate soccer guidelines that will help facilitate games.
2023 Key Dates
July 14 (Fri)
|Registration Opens for Fall Season|
August 16 (Wed)
August 21 (Mon)
|Practice Sessions Begin|
August 26 (Sat)
|Rec Season Kick-Off Tournament/ Ice Cream Social (Optional)/ Tentatively 9am – Noon|
Labor Day Weekend
|No Games/ No Practice Labor Day Monday 9/4|
|September 6 (Wed)||Coaches Meeting/ Equipment Pickup (6:30 pm)|
September 9 (Sat)
|First Saturday Game Day|
October 7 (Sat)
|Times to be Scheduled by Team|
October 26 (Thurs)
|Last Practice Session|
October 28 (Sat)
|Regular Season Ends (weather permitting)|
Registration for the fall season will open by Friday, July 14, 2023 and will close at 11:59 pm on Wednesday, August 16, 2023. Registering by August 16, 2023 allows volunteers adequate time to form teams and effectively communicate information to coaches and parents. Requests for registration after August 16, 2023, will only be granted if roster spots are available and will be subject to a late registration fee. Registration fees are as follows:
|Division||Registration Fee||Late Registration Fee|
|2nd/ 3rd Grade||$185||$210|
|4th/ 5th Grade||$185||$210|
|Grade||Practice Schedule||Tentative Game Schedule||Players on Field (Subject to Registration #’s)|
|Pre-K||Saturday Only||Saturday 9:00 – 10am||4v4|
|K||Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs 4:30-5:30pm||Saturday 9:00 – 12Noon||4v4 or 5v5 with Goalie|
|1st Grade||Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs 4:30-5:30pm||Saturday 9:00 – 11:00am||4v4 or 5v5 with Goalie|
|2nd/ 3rd Grade||Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs 5:30-6:30pm||Saturday 10:00am – 2:00pm||5v5 or 6v6 with Goalie|
|4th/ 5th Grade||Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs 5:30-6:30pm||Saturday 10:00am – 2:00pm||6v6 or 7v7 with Goalie|
 Pre-Kindergarten players must be 3 years old by September 1, 2023.
 Boys and Girls Divisions may be changed as a result of enrollment numbers within each. For example, it is entirely possible Kindergarten and 1st Grade Divisions would be combined and/or that 4th/ 5th Grade Boys and Girls Divisions would be formed into a Coed Division in order to field enough teams.
 Game schedules shown above are tentative and subject to change. Game schedules may be impacted by weather, holidays and potential matches against teams from other communities. Every effort will be made to communicate the game schedule as early as possible to allow time to reschedule games where significant conflicts occur.
Pictures days have not been scheduled. Your coach will inform you what day and time your team’s pictures will be taken and the location.
Generally, all Recreational soccer practices and games are played at North Park. A field map of North Park can be found here. The field assignment for your practice sessions and Saturday Game Days will be included in forthcoming correspondence.
LSA & Chicago Rush North (Emerging Talent Programs)
LSA and Chicago Rush North work together to bridge the gap between recreational and competitive soccer. Please see the information below for ways for your player to get more involved with the Chicago Rush North travel club.
Emerging Talent ID
This program is led by Chicago Rush North’s Foundational Director, will give players an additional practice opportunity during the fall season, and will give players in the Rush Lincolnshire Development Center an opportunity to challenge themselves in an environment with a professional coach. For players to be considered for the ETP they will need to participate within the Emerging Talent ID program.
- Start dates: Weekend after Labor Day weekend
- Open to every U6, U8, and U10
- 8-week program – (must sign up for the program to be considered for emerging talent program in winter and spring U8/U10 only)
- 1-hour professional coaching per week for 8 weeks (practice will not conflict with regular practice – Will take place on a Wednesday, 6:30-7:30 pm).
- Cost: $120
Emerging Talent Program (ETP)
This program is invite-only and will take place in both the winter and spring seasons.
- In the winter and spring, ETP will take place once a week for those players invited from the Emerging Talent ID program.
- The players will work with Chicago Rush North’s professional coaching staff on a variety of technical skills to help them bridge the gap between recreational and competitive soccer.
- On completion of the Emerging Talent Program, players will be invited to try out for Chicago Rush Norths competitive soccer teams.
Additional information can be obtained on the travel soccer page at chicagorushsoccernorth.com.
Equipment & Practice/Game Conditions
- All players will be provided with a team jersey.
All soccer players must bring a soccer ball (details regarding the size of ball will be provided at a later date), wear shin guards (worn under the socks) and soccer or gym shoes. Football, baseball and metal cleats are not allowed to be worn for safety reasons.
- Players should also bring a water bottle to all practices and games.
- Players wearing glasses must have a fitted eyeglass strap.
- No jewelry may be worn with the exception of medical bands.
- Children with starter earrings may wear them but must be taped on both sides of each earlobe prior to the start of the game.
- Please consult the league rules which will be posted prior to the start of the season on the LSA website if you have other questions regarding equipment.
As a general rule, unless the Village of Lincolnshire closes its parks or lightning is detected, all recreational soccer practices and games will be held regardless of the weather. The League Director, Commissioners and Coaches have discretion under certain circumstances to cancel or reschedule practices and games in accordance with league rules.
Please consult LSA’s website for additional information regarding field status.
Special Requests & Team Selection
In an effort to keep teams as fair as possible, LSA will consider, but not guarantee, coaching requests, school requests and friendship requests. All players must play in the soccer division prescribed by their school grade. Players may only “play up” as a substitute player and at the discretion of the Commissioner or Director.
Each Soccer Division will be led by a Commissioner. The Commissioner and the Coaches will determine the teams. The Commissioner and Coaches will consider coaching evaluations from previous years, the Coaches previous experience with players and the days players are available to practice. The Commissioner’s and Coaches will endeavor to build teams of comparable skill and strength to facilitate competitive games throughout the season.
Parent Responsibility & Informing the Coach
LSA hopes that all parents take an active interest in their child’s soccer season. Please attend all games and cheer on your team. Please exhibit good sportsmanship and proper behavior at all times. Remember that this is their game and our mission is to ensure that they have fun and learn more about the game of soccer. For both Games and Practices it is appreciated that parents have their soccer players at the fields ON TIME to allow coaches to start their activities without disruptions. Parents must sign the Parent Pledge prior to the start of each season.
Informing the Coach
Parents, it is very important that you contact your coach if your child is not able to attend a Saturday Game Day. The Coach and the team are counting on their players and teammates to show up for games ON TIME, and need to prepare accordingly if a player will be absent. LSA’s coaches volunteer their time and appreciate the consideration of keeping them informed of any absences for practices and games during the season.
LSA Refund Policy
A refund request for any reason will be refunded at 85% of the registration fee if requested more than 30 days prior to the start of the season.*
A refund request for any reason will be refunded at 50% of the registration fee if requested less than 30 days prior to the start of the season.*
Refunds after the season starts (season can be defined as the start of any of the following practices, games, clinics, etc) will only be granted if they are due to an injury – which will be refunded on a case by case basis at an agreed upon pro-rated amount. Lincolnshire sports association reserves the right to request a doctors notification.
Refunds requested for any reason after the season starts (other than for an injury) will not be granted.
*Season can be defined as the start of any of the following: practices, games, clinics, etc.
Refund requests should be directed to: